Friday, October 04, 2013

Phoebe, My Muse

There is nothing sweeter than a little devoted doggie who is happy all the time.  I can leave for five minutes and come back to the most joyous reunion! Phoebe constantly makes me smile and is the best little pal to have around.

I have always loved doodling and in fact, I used to doodle my first dog Chloe all time.  I always signed the back of my homemade cards with her little doodled face... then it was Albie, my boy dog, and now of course Phoebe.

I had a lot of fun designing this little illustration of Phoebe along with the rest of the "scribbling." 

I found this little cameo I had created on my computer a couple years ago.  Phoebe makes a great Breakfast at Tiffany's girl.
 
Here is Phoebe with her best boyfriend, Jingle.  I love the looks on their faces! I put both of them in her car seat together for the ride.  After a little growl from Phoebe, they both got situated and sat cozy together.  She seems to be wondering, "what are you doing here?" and he seems to be thinking, "oh brother."

I painted this piece a couple months ago with gesso and acrylic.  I have a new blank canvas waiting to be utilized and I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head for a mixed media collage.  

I hope you are all having a GREAT day!  Who and or what is your muse?

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

That is the cutest photo of Phoebe and Jingle!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Phoebe is precious! I love she is your muse :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Holly!

I have to agree that nature (dogs, horses, birds, etc....) make me stop to think, observe and be grateful that there is a world where kindness and love is unconditional. My neighbor has a Bichon (is this Phoebe's breed?) and that precious Daisy is a hoot. She sits "pretty" when she wants a treat and when "dad" talks sternly to her. She puts on the COQUETTE and wins. Much love to you and thank you for coming to visit. Anita