Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pillow Parade!

The other day I was thinking about all the custom pillows I've made for gifts and clients through the years and thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you.  They are fun and easy to make with minimal sewing... how about making a custom pillow for someone on your holiday list?  With the right fabrics and adornments they can be quite impressive!  

An Alice in Wonderland themed collection.

Illustrated Barbie ~ Very romantic!

A vintage French postcard has been copied and turned into the focal point of this pillow.

Who doesn't love a pretty mermaid?

And one in pink too!

This one was very large at 16x16.  Hand beading around the cameo with a raw silk bow made it so lovely.

The perfect shabby chic look.

And lastly, a pretty siren by the sea surrounded by real shells and starfish.  A delicate and very pretty display piece.  Don't lean up against this one or it might break!  Not your typical pillow.  I actually taught a class on how to hand sew and design this pillow a few years ago.

I hope you're all enjoying Fall.  It's finally starting to cool down here and we even got a little rain the other day.

Let me know if you're inspired to make some pretty pillows for holiday gifts this year!  I'd love to see them.

Cheers!

Holly

17 comments:

Janet said...

Holly, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity! Your pillows are beautiful.

June said...

Holly these are ALL so lovely! I LOVE the Alice in Wonderland. Anyone would love a special gift like this. I think you have just inspired me
(again:)
hugs...

Blessed Serendipity said...

Such pretty pillows Holly. I love them all.

xo
Danielle

CATARINA LORENZI said...

OLÁ ! ESTOU ENCANTADA COM AS ALMOFADAS,QUE INSPIRAÇÃO .
PARABÉNS !

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your pillows are just gorgeous!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Holly,
your pillows are all so very beautiful.Thanks for the inspiration.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Creative Wings Boutique said...

Hi Holly,
I love all the pillows. they are all amazing..
BTW i didnt hear back from any of my emails and wanted to make sure you had mailed your matchboxes... Please give me a heads up if you are running behind..
hugs

jen said...

So pretty...as always!
I stumbled on a really old movie yesterday called Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid. I think it was the 40's. Your Mermaid image is from the movie!
The story was a little silly, but the Mermaid was beautiful!

Have a lovely week,
jen

Honeygo Beasley said...

I think I have to Pinterest some of these! : )

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Holly, I love all your gorgeous pillows. The details are so pretty.
It really is fun to custom design pillows. I so enjoy the process.

Thank you for stopping by. So nice to see you today. Hope you have a great week and happy creating.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love a pillow paraded! I love illustrated Barbie, thank you for the inspiration

Carol

Julie said...

I just love these, Holly, especially the aqua mermaid pillow. I am always so impressed by your creativity!

vivian said...

How pretty these are. I love the barbie one.. My daughter would love it too! Ive been trying to decide what to do for her for christmas, maybe something like that would be a good idea!
you are very talented!
have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

Sassafras and LuLu said...

Hello, stopped by here by way of Vivian's blog. Very pretty pillows and artwork, also the photos of your studio.
fondly, Carol

Jeanne Pursell said...

Absolutely awesome pillows Holly! Stopping by to wish you and Phoebe a very Happy Thanksgiving!
xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

Createology said...

Somehow I missed seeing your beautiful pillows. Each one unique and sew very special. Lots of feminine elegance here. Blissful Creating...

Gaby Bee said...

These pillows are divine, Holly! Love especially the blue one with the mermaid! Brilliant!